is for my 2 embryos to attach and allow me to become a mommy.
Today is the day after the embryo transfer, and I chose to take the day off from work (and tomorrow) to just rest and relax. The transfer went well and 2 lovely little embryos were put back into my uterus. Here's a picture of them:
While we got some really good quality little guys to put back, the embryologist told me yesterday that currently there were not any embryos they could freeze. None of them were good enough quality to freeze. But, she said they would give them one more day to develop and call tomorrow (today) and let us know if any of them could be frozen. Well, I got the call, and to my dismay, there are none to freeze. So, this is it.
Tears flooded my face and still continue to fall now as I type because I'm scared. I still trust the Lord completely with our lives and with this process, but I will be honest and say that I at least wanted that "back-up plan" in case it didn't work this time. Now, we know for sure there is no back-up plan.
My husband and I understood what we were getting ourselves into when we started this process and we are going to continue to believe that we are journeying through this for a reason. I pray God will give us those two babies, but if He chooses not to, we will accept His decision and move forward. We will continue to believe that He will give us the desire to be parents somehow, someway.
Will you please pray with us during this time of waiting? This is most definitely the hardest part, and your prayers have given us strength. Will you believe with us that Jesus can and will work a miracle? This could be the best Christmas present we've ever received.