New template


Saturday, December 29, 2012

Creative Juices Flowing...

Hey guys!

Well, first of all, I hope you all had a very MERRY Christmas. Our family sure did! Jason and I decided for the first time since we've been married NOT to do gifts for each other. We had talked about getting a new desktop MAC computer, but then after talking about it just decided not to. As I mentioned in a previous post, we are planning to start the adoption process soon, and because of the financial obligation, we knew that wasn't the best use of our money.

However, my mom sure did surprise me with something I NEVER thought I would get. I'm that person who thinks she can NEVER be surprised. Well, congratulations mom! She got me a Silhouette Cameo. What you might ask? Well, here she is in all her beauty:

This is a machine that can do SO many things! First, it can cut vinyl! Can you tell? The first thing I did was to buy some pink and black vinyl so I could put my initials on my Cameo. It turned out great right? Well, I got to browsing pinterest and found so many other things I could do with my cameo. I can create AWESOME art! Here are some samples I've done this week:
 Personalized coasters
 12x24" wall art (subway art)
 12x12" personalized wall art
8x10" wall art (subway art)

Crafty huh? I'm in love with this thing, and I must admit that I've kind of neglected my sweet husband because I'm so intrigued at what I can do! It's so much fun and I love making all these fun items! My mom has now created a monster...but a good monster! 

So, back to adoption. Jason and I realize how expensive adoption is, and we know that if God has brought us to this journey, He most certainly will not be stopped by financial burdens. So, I feel like He has given me all these ideas of how we can raise money to help fund our future adoption. One way is through all the art I'm excited to be making. 

Another idea I had after reading an AMAZING woman's blog on her and her husband's adoption journey is to make personalized necklaces by hand stamping them. Here's one I did last week:
 I had a little problem with the "a" in faith, but hey...this was my first one and you have to stamp every letter individually. So, I think it was pretty good for the first try! Here's one I made for my mom for Christmas:
My brother's name and my name with little jewels:)

Here's another one I did:
I love this saying! And it's so true for adoptive parents/children/EVERYONE to remember. Just because I may not be able to conceive my own biological child doesn't mean anything! Love makes a family! 

So, once I have all my materials in hand (a lot of circular blanks for me to stamp, stamp, stamp) I will start selling these too! Be on the lookout for these. 

I thank God for opening up this adoption door for us. I feel like it's been an option all along, and He knew it was a path we should take, but we had to find out for ourselves. Thank you all, friends, family, etc. who love us and support us! I can't wait to choose an agency or lawyer to work with and REALLY start this journey. We are close, and we are ready! Please keep us in your prayers when you think about us! XOXO

Katie

3 comments:

  1. That gift is awesome! I love it! Good luck with the adoption. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beckie! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the road to adoption will be a smooth one for you and Jason. Looking forward to reading how it goes. Your artwork looks great! Excelent idea. And I can hardly wait to buy a necklace from you =)

    ReplyDelete