New template


Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Girls' beach weekend...

Ah...the beach was amazing this past weekend. We had amazing weather and just a fantastic relaxation time together. On the first day we walked out onto the beach and took this pic:

L to R - Mandy, Elizabeth, and me

This is Topsail Island. It is in North Carolina and quite a little drive from Spartanburg; however, it's totally worth the drive. The island is quaint and not too packed like Myrtle Beach. We laid out on the beach Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday and came home Monday. It was an excellent trip.

I decided to try something new with my hair. I've always been interested in new hair styles, so I decided to YouTube "How to fishtail braid your hair." I learned and this was the result:
By the way, I have feathers in my hair, so that's what the blue is. It turned out pretty good for my first time if I do say so myself.

We went out to eat to some wonderful restaurants. You know, sometimes you choose a place and are disappointed with the food or service, but we didn't have that problem at all! We got the famous Long Island Pizza:
It was amazing! We got this delivered last time we went to Topsail, but this time we decided to go eat in! I can't wait to go back and have more of this pizza.

We also went to a place called Cheri's that's open only certain parts of the year (summer). We had crabcakes, steak, potatoes, cole slaw, etc. The hushpuppies were amazing too:) Here's a picture of us after dinner with a beautiful ocean background:

Last but definitely not least, we decided to ride around and look at some of the beautiful beach houses. Elizabeth showed us a place where you can drive onto the beach and watch the sunset. Lots of people had driven onto the sand, so we decided to try it. This was the result:
We got STUCK! Since Mandy was driving her car, she was freaking out. Luckily, we had some people assist us with pushing it backwards while Mandy hit reverse. It ended up working and we got out. We will never try that again!

Well, as I post, I'm getting ready for another trip to the beach tomorrow through Sunday. I have been planning my BFF's bachelorette weekend for a while now, and I can't believe it's already here. We are headed to Isle of Palms in Charleston so we should have lots of fun! Can't wait to post pics of this weekend. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment