New template


Monday, September 19, 2011

Hello cycle 2390489342, day 1

So, the pregnancy test I took on Friday was right. This IUI cycle was a bust and I didn't get pregnant. But, that's ok. There's always next time right? This journey has never been easy, but something about the past couple months has felt easier than before. Maybe it's that we are in the process of building a new house, buying new furniture etc. and that has taken precedence over getting pregnant--or maybe it's just something else to focus on while something else isn't exactly going how I'd hoped.

Regardless, this wonderful life I've been given from one amazing God is never dull and always full of surprises. I always joke with people that "you can't surprise me." I seem to always spoil a good surprise, but with God, nothing is ordinary--everything is extraordinary. I think he laughs at me and says "oh, you think I can't surprise you? Think again, sister!!" So I will continue to wait until His perfect timing has come. The impatience inside me sometimes wants to jump out and say "why not now, Lord?" but I know why. Because God has other plans right now. Better plans.

So, I suppose I will call the lovely people at the Fertility Clinic tomorrow and see where we're going to go next. Another round of Femara? Injectables this time? Another trigger shot? Missing work? You just never know when your on the infertility wagon. However, what I do know is that my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, is on that wagon with me and he's steering! What a great thought!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry that the IUI didn't work this time, Katie. It's always hard, especially when you have a little help and feel a little more optimistic, and then you realize that yet again you aren't pregnant. Then, I just get frustrated with myself for wasting ANOTHER test, but I just can't help it. I am just always dying to know! Though it can be hard at times, keep your chin up, keep the faith, keep praying and keep remembering that our Heavenly Father is just moving us towards the prize a little more each month. Praying for you as you begin a new month and for Him to blanket you with continued peace.

    ReplyDelete