New template


Friday, September 16, 2011

Not exactly the bday present I wanted...

Well, today is the 30th day of my cycle, but also my 25th birthday. I figured even though I didn't really want to do a pregnancy test, I would do it anyway on my birthday just to see. What an awesome birthday present a positive test would be. However, it was negative. So, I guess I should be expecting my period any day now. I've been averaging 29 day cycles for the past 2 months.

I really thought maybe this IUI would have worked. About 8 days after the insemination, I noticed a slight bit of pink discharge when I went to the bathroom. I've ready that could be implantation bleeding from the attaching to the uterine lining. I have felt slight cramping randomly for about a week or so now, but thought that could be the uterus expanding. I guess all that was simply just a guess...

That would have been the best birthday gift ever, but instead I'll be waiting for my dreaded period to make its appearance. Is it bad to even think I don't want to try anymore? It takes so much effort, time, and emotions that I just don't know if I'll jump back in and do another IUI soon. Maybe that's just my initial emotions talking, but at this point, it's getting old:(

Lord, your plans are greater than mine. What I think would be "perfect timing," you laugh and say, just wait! Help me understand that You always have my best interest at heart, and are not punishing me for anything. Lord, I love you and praise you for all your goodness, your mercy, your forgiveness...I just want to serve you, so others can see your wonders in times of struggle. Thank you for another birthday I get to celebrate with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment