New template


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Life lessons...

Well, I called the Fertility clinic today to let them know I was starting a new cycle and asked what this new cycle held for me. What was I going to have to face this time? I found out that I need to go to a class on injections so I can learn how to either give them to myself or have someone give them to me. We also made the next appt. for an ultrasound and decided to do another round of IUI. Hey, if you fail, try and try again, right?

Well, a situation that is a far cry from infertility came up today as I was leaving the gym. My mom got a text from my brother letting her know how he did on his 3rd attempt at the MCAT. Well, it was not an improvement from last time. She was/is so upset and frustrated and wants so badly for him to get that high score so he will hopefully be admitted to med school. Isn't that how it is with infertility? We go through month after month of fertility meds, shots, ultrasounds, doctor appointments, the actual IUI, the two week wait, only to find out by a little pregnancy test that it didn't work. Our goal was not achieved.

My heart breaks for my brother because I know how bad he wanted to do well. He studied so hard for months, took multiple practice tests, and today was the day he found out his goal was not achieved either. I think all of us have the right to be a little frustrated, to cry if we want to, and to even be mad that what we wanted so badly didn't work out, BUT we don't have the right to question God and be mad at God because what WE wanted, we didn't get. As humans, we all struggle with selfishness. We were born in sin and that's our human nature, unfortunately. But as Christians, we should understand that God has another plan for us. A much BETTER plan for us that even we cannot fathom. If you want to read a story where God intervened in the most unconventional way, read Amy's story.

God is so good, ya'll! He loves us despite how we feel sometimes. Despite the anger, sadness, frustration we express when things just don't go our way. Please just always remember, the plan unfolds day by day. We may not know what that plan is until it slaps us in the face, but know that plan is in place. It sure would be nice to know what that plan is, but knowing that God holds my future is enough for me. I hope it can be enough for you too!

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

So many of us know this verse and it's easy to recite, but have you ever just taken it to heart? He will not do anything to harm us. We may think so when things don't go our way, but He is here to give us a hope for a bright future, and to let us know that everything will be ok. We just have to TRUST Him. So, will  you trust Him today?

No comments:

Post a Comment