New template


Saturday, May 18, 2013

Week 18 FUNdraising Friday Update (a day late...sorry)!

What a week it has been!! I don't think I've ever been so excited but yet so nervous about an event! Last week I told you that I was asked to be a vendor at an event at our church. Well, it was yesterday. I packed up all my things Wednesday night and headed to the church right after work. I set up all by myself, and I must say, it looked SO professional! I was so proud. Here's a quick look once I had everything set up! I made a bunch of generic/non-personalized canvases, necklaces and coasters, had a slide show going of all the personalized things I'd made and several windows from my house!

I made so many canvases and necklaces ahead of time because I antipicated they would sell really well. Actually, more people wanted vinyl decals than anything else. I think I had 3 canvases sell out of the 15 displayed, 2 door hangers, one cute animal print canvas (monogrammed on the spot), one set of coasters, and the rest was decals! People LOVED the iphone charger decal. But my machine didn't...

That brings me to my almost major breakdown last night. One person ordered 4 charger decals and another person ordered 2 charger decals. I let the machine do it's thing, I took the vinyl out, and..................IT DIDN'T CUT IT!!!! All that time going through the  motions and it didn't work! OH....I was so hot! And worried! I think it may be that my blade is getting old (I've had it since February) and I need to replace it. I even thought about getting an extra one JUST IN CASE, but I didn't. Surely if it cut the night before, it would be fine. Well, after playing with the settings a little bit, I got it working and everything was ok! But man, that was scary! Lesson learned...bring a backup!

All in all though, I made $302.73 last night. I've never made that much in one day before so I'd say it was a success. Did I think I would make more? Yes...But anything is better than nothing and I'm proud of how I did at my first event! Thanks to everyone who came out and supported Krafts by Katie! Here are the items still for sale that are READY to go to your home! Please message me if you are interested:
11x14 - $30

12x12 - $30

12x12 - $30

11x14 - $25

11x14 - $25

8x10 - $25

8x10 - $20

12x24 - $30

8x10 - $25

hand-stamped necklaces - $25

8x8 on top of 10x10 with monogram of your choice $30


Now, onto this week's totals:

Puzzle fundraiser: $4327.64 ( 889 pieces SOLD -  111 pieces unnamed...please help us name them all!) We are so close to finishing this puzzle! I can't wait to start putting it together!

Krafts by Katie: $7057.74

Jewelry Fundraiser: $266.92 (after auction)

CoupAide (gift certificates) Fundraiser: $520 We currently have 53 buyers! Can you take advantage of this great deal? You pay $20 for $50 restaurant gift certificate. Awesome WIN for both of us!

GRAND TOTAL: $12,172.30.............only $9827.70 left until we meet our goal!
We have met 55.3% of our goal! That's fantastic!

On a side note, today is Jason's and my 5 year wedding anniverary! To think back on all the plans we had when we first got married and to realize how much God has blessed us over these past 5 years is unbelieveable. Has everything fallen into place perfectly and exactly as I imagined? No...it's been WAY BETTER than I could have ever planned myself. That's the cool thing about God. He takes your desires and what you think is best for you and OUTSHINES you! I love it!

I remember going to the dentist 3 or 4 years back and talking to the receptionist about when we were going to have children (I've known her since I was young). She said "oh just wait 5 years or so and enjoy your marriage before you have kids." I said..."No, we want to go ahead and have them early. Five years is too long." Well...here we are 5 years in and we are adopting! I would have NEVER pictured this in my wildest dreams. But I'm so happy! If I could go back and have my way, I WOULD NOT DO IT! God's way has trumped every plan I ever had for myself.

Thanks for continuing to pray for us and love on us! We are so grateful for you.

XOXO,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment