New template


Friday, June 7, 2013

Week 21 FUNdraising Friday Update

Hello to a new week! And let me say...WHAT A WONDERFUL FIRST WEEK OFF WORK FOR THE SUMMER IT HAS BEEN! This being off work for each summer of my life is SO worth all the eye rolling, telling me I'm a bad teacher, smacking teeth, etc...you get the point! I'm FREE! And I'm so happy! Can you tell?

Well, another milestone has been reached this week. THE PUZZLE IS FINISHED! All the pieces have been bought and I am in the process of putting that 1000 piece booger together! Here's a few pics!

All the pieces in the ziplock bag along with the picture of what it should look like when I'm finished!

Just tonight (Friday) I have accomplished the task of getting all the edges put together! Hooray!
So, now I'll be working on getting this puzzle completely put together, and HOPEFULLY it will not take me all summer. My friend, Melissa, came over tonight and helped me a bit. I'm taking ALL offers for help, so feel free to come on over if you're local! I can use all the help I can get!

Another item off the checklist this week was our 2nd home study appointment. We went and met with our agency worker at their offices in Greenville and were interviewed (basically just had a conversation) separately. I don't know what I thought it would be like, but it was super easy and quick. The last home study visit will be back at our house not next week but the following, and we will finalize our contract and tie up a few other odds and ends. After the home study is approved, we will officially be "waiting parents." Weird huh? All the krafts and other business around me has kept my mind really occupied and it hasn't REALLY set in yet that we are almost to the point where an expectant mom could PICK US! 

**Let me just say this: if we fall into the category of waiting parents who get the call that "your baby is at the hospital...we need you here tomorrow!!" I will need all you moms with EXTRA stuff to head on over to my house and go at it! And don't forget to set aside a week away from your family to come and show me how to do the mom thing!! LOL, hopefully it will just come naturally! That's what everyone says at least:)

Here's the week's totals:

Puzzle fundraiser: $4886.52 -- ALL 1000 pieces are SOLD!!!! Thank you!

Krafts by Katie: $8942.74

Jewelry Fundraiser: $266.92 (after auction)

CoupAide (gift certificates) Fundraiser: $520 We currently have 53 buyers! Can you take advantage of this great deal? You pay $20 for $50 restaurant gift certificate. Awesome WIN for both of us!

GRAND TOTAL: $14,616.18.............only $7383.82 left until we meet our goal!

This puts us at 66.4% of our goal. We keep edging closer each and every week! I'm REALLY excited about next week's numbers. I may even have to go ahead and let you guys know that I PROBABLY will not have a FRIDAY update next week. It might be Saturday or Sunday...WHY? Because next Friday is our BIG fundraiser! I hope you can make it!

All the details for the fundraiser can be found here: OUR FUNdraiser Event Page.

We have continued to receive wonderful items for our silent auction! If you can donate or know anyone that may be interested in donating anything for our auction, please let me know! 

Thanks again for stopping by! Until next week...

XOXO,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment