New template


Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's that time again...IUI #2

Hey guys! Today was the day for IUI #2:) I made a video to document and everything and planned to upload it to the blog before I left; however, this video must be so big, it would never upload...just always said uploading. If anyone has advice on how to take a video made in iMovie and make it smaller so it fits into a blog post, that would be much appreciated!

Anyway, my appointment was at 9am, so my husband, Jason, was there at 8am to give the sample. They called him back to the front desk and proceeded to tell him that his appointment was tomorrow. WRONG! He told them they were mistaken and to look at my appointment time for today. What good would his sample be tomorrow?!? haha, anyway, they fit him in and my appointment was pushed back just a tad so the lab could do what they needed to do with it.

Fortunately for me, the appointment was pushed back a tad. I left an hour early just to make sure I had enough time to get there (it's about 45 minutes away) and what do I run into on the interstate? A STANDSTILL OF TRAFFIC. My first thought was "People, GOOOOOO!" But then I just chilled out realizing there was NOTHING I could do about it. I remembered that my God was in control and that everything would fall into place. Luckily, (even though I didn't think so at the time) Jason's appointment being scheduled wrong worked out fine because I was a couple minutes late myself. Funny how that works huh?

Anyway, I finally got called in around 10:35 am and the IUI took place at 10:45 am. This IUI took longer than the last, and was a bit more uncomfortable. I had a different doctor doing this one (I like him much better) and he asked me when he walked in, "Did you talk to your cervix this morning?" I was like huh?? As he was threading the catheter to get to my uterus, he informed me that my uterus was curved down and he was just having a little trouble getting the catheter where it needed to be. I asked if that was going to be a problem, and he said no. So, I hope not! He asked if anyone had ever told me that, and I quickly responded, no. And I'm curious why I didn't know this by now. I wonder if that could be why we have a hard time conceiving the natural way?? Anyone ever been told this?

It was done in about 5-6 minutes this time and I laid there with Jason with me for 15 minutes required by the doctor. I also decided to take a little break from ZUMBA. I told the doctor and he said it would not be a problem, but whatever gave me peace of mind, I should do. So, I've got some subs for the next 2 weeks to handle my classes. Maybe if I don't jiggle around so much implantation can happen. I guess we'll see! Anyway, that's pretty much it! The IUI is always very simple, virtually painless, and fairly quick. I just hope it works! Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment