New template


Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hooray for DRIVEWAY!!

It's truly hard to believe this day actually came and is now in hindsight, but my driveway FINALLY got poured Friday. The rain had been keeping the always huge and extremely heavy concrete truck away from our oh so sloped yard. So, you can imagine my excitement when I pulled up to the house Friday morning to see this:
It took several loads of concrete from trucks coming and going, but in a day's work, it was done! And now I say, BRING ON THE RAIN! Except, there are a few other things that need to be done outside that might suffer:( Anyway, here's a few other pictures of the day:
I just had to leave my mark! I don't know if you can tell, but they did a cool finish called "picture framing" around all the edges and joints. It looks super cool!
 Guys sitting on 2x4's smoothing away!
Glorious panoramic shot heading around the front of the house!
Finally, an after shot! The guys did a really great job! Especially in certain areas to keep the rain flow going away from the house!

Now, we are about 3 weeks away from moving in. My cabinet guy has been in and out doing finishing touches on the beautiful cabinets he made us. He has a few more hinges and pulls and molding to finish up tomorrow, but overall everything is pretty much on target. For the upcoming week, we are looking at sanding and staining the hardwoods and bringing in appliances! WHOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment