New template


Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm a blogger!

So, I decided to create a blog. Hmm...never really thought I'd be the type to want to put all my business out for the world to see; however, this journey I've been on for close to a year has pulled and tugged at my heart enough that I hope blogging will be an outlet for me. Not only to benefit myself but I hope something, anything I may write about will give comfort to others going through the same thing.

So, what you might ask am I blogging about? Fertility. Who ever thinks they will ever have a problem getting pregnant? I sure didn't. It just seemed to be such an easy thing, but that is definitely not the case, for me at least. My husband, Jason, and I started trying last April 2010 for a baby. Just recently I decided to consult my OBGYN about fertility drugs and started taking Clomid in February 2011. I am currently on my 3rd cycle of it.

For those of you unfamiliar with Clomid, it's just a pill you take on days 5-9 of your cycle in hopes it will make you ovulate. After the first month and some expensive blood tests, the doctor said my progesterone level was a 20 (which is good, means I ovulated). They say anything over a 10 when on Clomid is good. So, at least we know I'm ovulating. However, with no apparent luck in 3 cycles, I have made an appointment with my OBGYN to talk about some other tests.

Just in case you were wondering, my husband has been tested and everything with him checked out. Now, it's my turn. I'm hoping to get the HSG test done next month. This test basically is able to tell if there is any blockage or problems with my reproductive organs. They insert a catheter (I've heard it's painful) and shoot a dye into your fallopian tubes and do x-rays to see if anything is wrong. After what I've read about the test, I've heard it's painful, expensive, but short. This will hopefully give us some answers in that regard.

Our appointment to discuss these options is tomorrow, May 3, 2011. Wish us luck:) We completely trust in the Lord to give us patience while we wait on His perfect timing for a baby. Always trust in the Lord in whatever trial you encounter. He's the only one who knows the outcome. He's the only one that can give you a peace and understanding that surpasses anything we can humanly imagine. God loves you, and so do I! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment