New template


Sunday, July 10, 2011

It helps to know people...

Well guys, it turns out the people interested in our house are really interested and are meeting with my dad this week to start the pre-approval process, get an appraisal done, and get a contract ready for all of us to sign. This is fantastic news and I just couldn't be happier with how quick everything is happening. I just hope there are no bumps...we need smooth sailing please;)

Jason and I went to eat lunch with my parents today after church (our normal routine) and got to talking about a plan my dad had actually started working on. By the way, my dad is the manager at a bank in town, so we are super lucky to have him helping with the financial ends and outs of the process as well as helping our buyers know the proper procedure and process of buying a house, the right way! It's also to our benefit that my dad was in real estate for a long time before banking; therefore, he knows a lot about house plans, how to manipulate a plan to get the most usable square footage so there is no wasted space, and he knows some good quality builders for us to consult when we actually start the process.

Today we actually found another plan we all really liked the best out of all the ones we'd seen. There were obviously some changes we saw immediately, but mostly small things like moving a door, pushing a wall out, making another closet, etc. It was such a great feeling to find something Jason and I both agree on and really like. I'm most excited about the huge kitchen I plan to have:) So many people say how stressful the building process is and I don't discount any of that, but I think with all the wonderful resources we have, it will mostly be a smooth process.

I'll keep you guys updated as we continue to work with our buyers and figure out when they want to move in, thus telling us when we have to be out (and move in with my parents--which is a good thing). I can't wait for everything to unfold! It's definitely an exciting time I never thought I would get to experience this early in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! That is such great news. Now on to the fun part - designing your new home.

    ReplyDelete