New template


Thursday, August 18, 2011

New Plan...

Today was day 1 of my cycle. I was not upset or frustrated or emotional, just encouraged and excited about the next step in this process. But I'm also a little nervous. Remember, not only are we trying to have a baby, but we are about to close on our house in 2 weeks and start the building process. So, I'm at a crossroads where I am wondering how much all of this new stuff is going to cost along with the cost of building this house. What if I get pregnant soon and my due date is around the move in date...etc?

All these thoughts have gone through my head, but I just keep thinking...take one day at a time. I continue to ask the Lord to open and/or close doors for us so we'll know what we need to do. Since today is day 1 of my cycle, I was told to call the Fertility Clinic, tell the nurse I started my period, and also tell her I took a pregnancy test so she can call in the new drug I'm trying this month, Femara. What I'm really nervous about is how much this 5-pill prescription is going to cost. While Clomid was only $2.99 every time I got a refill, the doctor told me Femara is like $75-$125. That's A LOT--in comparison.

Not to mention, the doctor recommended that we do an IUI this month also. I don't exactly know how much the cost is for this. We've heard $200-$300 but I'm not exactly sure. While it's nothing like Invitro, it's still a lot of money when we are trying to save everything we have to go toward the new house.

In saying all this, I think I've made a tough decision. I want to give this month a go, but if it doesn't work, I think I'm just going to chill out for a while, at least while we build the house, and just enjoy the building process without the added stress of fertility stuff. I just feel that God has this great plan and I know He has had His hand on us through the selling of our home so quickly. I know what we are doing right now is what we should be doing. And I also know God is faithful and will provide a baby for us, naturally or adoptive, when the time is right. So, I'll wait until His timing is right. Thanks for all your prayers and support as we go through this month of fertility treatments and start building our house!! It's so much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment