New template


Saturday, August 20, 2011

Something new...

This week finally was over yesterday at 3:30pm and when I say over, I mean the students left and my weekend began. Whoever thought it was a good idea to start school on a Monday is seriously mistaken.

I finally got a call back from the Fertility Clinic yesterday afternoon. Just FYI, I called them on Thursday, which was day 1 of my cycle to tell them I started my period, I had taken a pregnancy test just to be sure I was not pregnant, and that I needed them to call in the prescription for Femara (Letrozole). This is the new drug I'll be trying for 5 or so months to see if it will work better than Clomid.

I was a little nervous to go get the meds yesterday because the doctor originally told me it was very expensive in comparison to Clomid (I was paying $2.99 for it). I called to see if it was ready and it was. I dared to ask the cost. When she said, "It will be $9." I was like SERIOUSLY?? I was thrilled. When I went to pick it up, it said "You insurance has saved you $243.95 on this medication." Thank you BlueCrossBlueShield!!

So, here's the plan for this month--not to mention we have to be out of our house by next weekend. The nurse who called me back yesterday told me to go get blood work done Monday after work that the doctor requested. She also told me to go buy the ovulation predictor kit and start testing on day 11. If I did not see an LH surge by day 13, I've got an appt. scheduled to go in for an ultrasound to see if my ovaries are doing their job or if they're being "lazy" as she said. If I did see a surge before day 13, she said I should just call and not worry about the appt.

Now, the doctor originally told me he wanted to do an IUI this month, but she said nothing about this, and I completely forgot to ask because I was bogged down with so much information that I was trying to  remember. So, I suppose I'll call back (get their voicemail) Monday and check on that to see if Dr. Miller still wants to do that. If so, as soon as I see the surge, I'm supposed to call and they will make an appt. for then next day to do the insemination.

After I got off the phone with the nurse yesterday, I got to thinking...what is all this going to cost me? I know my insurance covers up to $15,000 for my lifetime concerning infertility, but still, what will the copay or my 30% cost?? With us starting the building process, we are trying to save as much money as possible, so if this first insemination doesn't work, I think I'm going to just pause this process until after we're done with the house. It will probably be easier to get to all these appts. in the summertime anyway while I'm not working. I guess only time will tell. Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment